My Leap List

Monday, May 30, 2011

Life in the Margins

     I love songs and quotes that remind me to live in the moment...live life out loud...color outside the lines...You would think they would work like personal mantras and transform me into a person like that.  Maybe the magic number of years is past 42, but it hasn't happened yet.
     I play it safe.  I color in the lines.  My clothes are color coordinated with sensible shoes.  I am the Bert in Bert and Ernie.  I eat one type of food on my plate until it is gone, and then I move to the next type of food.  In short, I live in the margins of real life.
     Patti Digh is a friend of my sister.  She lives an amazing life: traveling, writing books, meeting people from all over the world.  She even takes photos with pink hair and posts them on Facebook.  Today Patti wrote about a blog challenge for the next 30 days in honor of Ralph Waldo Emerson's 208th birthday.  The challenge is to blog, journal, or create something every day to honor intuition over the will of the majority.  It sounds totally like me, right? 
     Well, since I love Emerson and Patti, and it is nearly the start of my summer vacation, I decided to sign up.  The only problem - I needed to post the URL of the blog I would be posting to each day.
     It shouldn't be a problem.  I already have four other blogs, but each blog is for a very specific purpose.  I couldn't just post random thoughts in the other blogs for 30 days!  I would need to create a new blog just for the purpose of trying something new.  My life is ruled by irony. 
     I grabbed a piece of newspaper and began doodling possible blog titles in the margins.  My daughter realized what I was doing and laughingly suggested the title of this blog.  Luckily the URL was available.  By the way, I also found out that the URL and blog title don't have to be the same.  I'm not quite ready for that step though...
     So here is Life in the Margins with my baby toe crossing the line as I spend the next thirty days learning from people who live outside the lines! 
   

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome Tiff! I can't wait to read this daily. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I peeked on fb and saw this blog. I've added you to my blogroll, what are your other blogs?

    ReplyDelete