My Leap List

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Facebook Friends Make all the Difference

Men imagine that they communicate their virtue or vice only by overt actions, and do not see that virtue or vice emit a breath every moment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


     Millions of incredible souls share this planet with me.  It would take many lifetimes to meet all of these amazing people.  Luckily, the universe knows which people I need to know in this lifetime, even though we haven't met in person. 
     Two years ago the National Fibromyalgia Association asked me to like their Facebook page so they could win some money.  I created a Facebook account and started making friends around the world.  
      Frank is one of my favorite Facebook friends.  He is the most positive and happy person I know.  He always looks on the bright side of life, and I admire him.  He is a writer and middle school teacher.  He just finished a book about some of the people he has met on Facebook.  I am honored to be in his book.  
     Three weeks ago one of my favorite students committed suicide.  Some amazing teachers understood in a way no one else could and  reached out to me.  We have never met, but I will never forget their kindness.
     Some friends are members of support groups I have joined.  They challenge my thinking and call me out when I fall into old habits.  They send me encouraging words when I  feel hopeless and lost.  Many of them know more about me than my family and friends.  
     Patti is a writer, speaker and prompt writer for this challenge.  When I found out what she was doing, I signed up to write every day.  I never dreamed people would write to tell me what a difference I've made in their lives.  Their encouragement has quieted the critical voice in my head.  It is a priceless gift.  

3 comments:

  1. Tiff: That's why when you are fully in the now, it's a "present." ;-)

    You only get what you give, dear one.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiff,

    Don't we live in an amazing time? I am so grateful for the amazing connections I have made through the #trust30 challenge with amazing people around the world. And I am grateful to be a part of that facebook friends list of yours.

    Thanks for being a part of mine as well.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you have found encouragement through this, as have I. I am very sorry about the loss of your student. It must be hard to go through something so shocking. You will get through this. Take care.
    Peace, Nico

    ReplyDelete