My Leap List

Saturday, June 4, 2011

If we live truly, we shall see truly. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
   
   I have always been homesick for a place I have never been - England.  Just thinking about it brings back smells and sights and the feel of a cool breeze near the ocean.  I am almost certain that I will step on English soil and instantly know where I am going.  It's a funny feeling - like going home again.
     I want to see Shakespeare's home and Anne Hathaway's second-best-bed.  I want to avoid ghosts in the Tower of London and explore every castle I can find.  I want to see Big Ben and sit in the English Countryside under a rare sunny sky.  I want to stand on the White Cliffs of Dover and look out over the ocean; walk the halls of Oxford and soak up centuries of learning before relaxing in an English pub. 
     Now for the hard part of the question.  It isn't easy to travel on a teacher's salary while supporting a family, but I will put a little money away each month.  When I graduate with my doctorate degree or publish my first book (whichever comes first) - I will celebrate by going to the place I dream about in my happiest dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment