My Leap List

Friday, June 24, 2011

Intuition Disguised as Music

The secret of fortune is joy in our hands. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

     My intuition talks to me with music.  Every time I have something important on my mind, the songs I hear on the radio or my I-Pod answer my questions.  
     When a song suddenly gets stuck in my head, the words tell me what I have on my mind.  Earlier this week I was feeling anxious about sharing a personal story in my blog.  All day I kept randomly singing a section of the song "Falling In" by Lifehouse.  "Don't be scared; it's only love.  I would never do you wrong or let you down or lead you on.  Don't look down.  It's only love that we're falling in."  Once I published the blog entry for the night, the song stopped playing in my head.  Now I like Lifehouse and I like this song, but it hasn't ever gotten stuck in my head before.  Just the moment I needed to stop being afraid and send my message out to people who needed  it.    
     At first they seemed like funny coincidences, then it got a little freaky, and now I listen for the messages my intuition is sending to me in a way I can understand.  

1 comment:

  1. This is great. Music can take us to so many differnt levels in our heart and our minds. Sometimes, the lyrics of a song so accurately describe the way we feel or long to be. For me it can take me to the place inside where I need to express my sorrow, my joy or my anger--depending on the song. I love music. Take care.

    Peace, Nico

    ReplyDelete