My Leap List

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I'm not Super Mom

     I  always wanted superhero parents.  They'd have x-ray eyes  to see through my lies and know what I truly needed from them.  Of course, they would fly to the rescue the instant I needed help, but not a second before.  It wouldn't be a problem when I wanted them near, but didn't want my friends to know...they'd just stay invisible for a while. Their superhuman strength would take on all of my troubles and they would offer to turn back time when I needed a second chance. 
     The parents I had were all too human.  They did the best they could being raised by their human parents.  I come from a long line of all too human parents.  Today my daughter learned a secret that I was hoping to hide a little longer - I am human and being human today wasn't enough.  Today she needed a mom who could read her mind and give her what she needed, and not believe what she said.  I let her down today and she let me know it.  I have never seen her so mad at me before.  I wish I could turn back time to the days when she thought I was Super Mom.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this in a very BIG way. Just be MOM... Take care.

    Peace, Nico

    ReplyDelete