My Leap List

Friday, July 8, 2011

Just Keep Swimming...Just Keep Swimming...

Yesterday's post was "What kind of fish are you?"
     That's easy!  I am a Dory Fish.  She is eccentric, but cute.  She is forgetful, but she means well.  She is kind- hearted, but fierce when she needs to be.  
     "When life gets you down, do you wanna know what you've got to do?  Just keep swimming...just keep swimming..."  This is my personal mantra with things get a little frantic and I know I just need to keep moving on for a little bit longer.
     Dory talks to whales in every dialect, even Humpback.  How cool is that?  I wish I could do that!  I would be an amazing marine biologist if I could talk whale.  
     "Please don't go away...no one's ever stuck with me so long before...I look at you and I...and I'm home."  I have a hard time trusting people and letting them through my defenses, but when I do, I love with all my heart.  I stop being afraid and I'm safe...I'm home.
     My water is always half-full no matter how low it gets.  I don't know that "nothing bad will happen," but I am willing to take a risk with you.
     "That's a funny thing to promise.  You can't never let anything happen to him.  Then nothing would ever happen to him.  Not much fun for little Harpo."  I used to be like Nemo and never wanted my kids to do anything or go anywhere so they would always be safe.  They were safe, but that wasn't the life I wanted for them.  I learned to let them go and trust they would be okay, but kept a "squishy" ready if they got hurt.  I am proud of their self confidence and the way they take positive risks, even when they are scared.  I wish I could be so brave.




1 comment:

  1. A WHOLE lot of wisdom in this post! "just keep swimming" OR I MIGHT DROWN! I am going to swim! Thanks Tiff! Take care.

    Peace, Nico

    ReplyDelete