My Leap List

Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Day in History

Today's post is : What happened in history on the day you were born?

     There are tons of things that happened in history on my birthday, especially if you are a sports fan.  But, since this is MY blog, I am going to tell you about the event I am proud to share a day with.  
     On February 16, 2011, Japan left the arctic two months early and decided to stop "scientific whaling."  I LOVE whales.  They are my favorite animal and if I wasn't teaching, I would be a marine biologist.  I'd be out with Green Peace throwing myself between whales and harpoons.  Whales and birthdays!  It doesn't get better than that!  
      Oh, and by the way, on February 16, 1600, Pope Gregory the Great decreed "God Bless You" is the correct response to a sneeze.  Quite a day, isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. God Bless YOU!!! Love your thoughts on this topic!! Take care.

    Peace, Nico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff: I love your choices to create the spirit and mood for your day. Wonderful creation.

    Namaste.
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely call February 16 a great day!

    Great post Tiff.

    ReplyDelete