My Leap List

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sending Compassion into the Universe

     He said she was difficult to work with, but I knew it would be a good experience for me.  After all, we have something in common.  We are both moms.  I could tell how much this cute boy loved and respected his mom when he teared up thinking about what she would say.
     I told her truthfully what a cute and polite boy he was, how he never planned to smoke, and teared up thinking about how disappointed she would be in him.  Then we talked about the reason I had to call her.  She wasn't difficult at all.
     You may be wondering what this has to do with August's Trying Something New for 30 Days Challenge.  My challenge is to find myself and learn to live in balance.  Today I honored myself by dealing with another mom with compassion and respect.  By sending compassion into the universe for others, I learn to have compassion for myself.  The negative voice in my head has been silent today.  (Day 8)

1 comment:

  1. Silence is golden! I woke up with that song in my head...It must have come from your compassion! Take care.

    Peace,
    Nico

    ReplyDelete