My Leap List

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tickle, Tickle

    Surrounded by glowing moms-to-be, I wished there was a room for people waiting for bad news.  I stared at the floor and the walls and the ceiling, lost in my self-pity.
     "Hi," a little voice said.  I looked over into the big brown eyes of a two-year-old boy with a big smile.
     "Hi." I smiled back.
     "Christian..."his mom warned.  He shot me a smile and scampered off.
     A moment later, little fingers reached up from under my chair and tickled me.  Christian giggled and pulled back under the chair.  The third time the nurse caught him as she opened the door.
     "What are you doing?" she scolded.
     He stood up proudly.  "I tickled!"  he giggled as he followed her back to the room.
     In my lowest moments, the universe sends me an adorable messenger to remind me that this isn't real.  This is just school.  We learn our lessons and help one another through this crazy challenge we call life, but it isn't real.  Tickle, tickle.  Tomorrow we play again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment