My Leap List

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tomorrow Comes Too Soon

      Usually the depression and schizophrenia keep him lost inside himself, but he was here, today, with me.  It was a perfect day for his arrival.  The first snow fell through the night and made the world sparkle and dance.  Our bunny frolicked in the newness of snow and made him laugh for an endless moment, with me.
      We blasted music and sang as we cleaned the house.  Such a small thing, it might have gone unappreciated by those who never live in silence, but we knew better.
     The night ended with a "practice" Thanksgiving dinner on a random Saturday night.
     As he drifted off to sleep, he smiled when I told him what a wonderful day I had today.
     These moments are more beautiful because they are so fleeting, but I wish tomorrow didn't have to come so soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment