My Leap List

Friday, November 4, 2011

You and Me

     Time is something that I still can't quite figure out.  Today someone asked me if I had kids.  I told her I had two and she asked me how old they were.  When I told her I had a sixteen-year-old, she was kind and said I didn't look old enough to have a sixteen-year-old.  Then we figured out we were the same age.
    It's crazy to think that sixteen doesn't seem that far away from where I am now.  My friend, Steph, has been posting "old" pictures of us from high school.  All of my friends are sharing memories of us back in the day.  Since we left high school, the world sped up and I got lost along the way.  I don't recognize the person in the mirror most mornings, and I am always shocked that the photographs capture this new stranger, but not me.
     I enjoy seeing the old pictures and remembering my high school friends as crazy teens, but I like them even better as adults.  I love seeing who they are now and all of the great things they are doing with their lives.  I like myself better now, too.  We were awesome teenagers, but we are incredible adults making a difference in the world every day.
   It has been an amazing ride with incredible people that have made a huge difference in my life.  So today, I raise my glass to all of my old friends who helped me make it to today, and to all my new friends and the sparkling lessons you will teach me.  A toast to you and me and a life worth living because of what you bring to my life.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Visiting from NaBloPoMo: Isn't it nutty how fast time flies? My son is a toddler, but I know people I went to high school with that have middle-school age children. Time flies: I just got started later than many.

    ReplyDelete