My Leap List

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

     The new year always takes me by surprise.  It always seems that the year just started and now it is gone again.  Everyone celebrates the end of the old and the chance to start anew with hopes it will be better than the last.  Hope springs eternal in our world.
     This year gave me so many gifts.  Even the hard lessons of life brought me to where I am today.  2011 brought me enlightenment.  I found peace in breathtaking views of nature and majestic animals.  I made new friends that supported me as I started a new career path.  I shared my deepest secret and found that I was still loved.  I found a familee of support with people that truly understood me, even though I have yet to meet them in person.  I found my voice and began writing again.  I taught many classes and tried to make a difference for the teachers and students in each one.  I reconnected with lost friends and met close friends I hope to hug in person when we meet for the first time.  I was brought to tears by the generosity and love of strangers and awed by the goodness that surrounded me when I stopped running and looked around.  I reached out to others and was graced with love and acceptance.  I was blessed with art that quieted John's mind and music that eased my pain.  I read 46 new books and came away a better person.  I laughed hysterically with my brothers and sisters.  I danced for my daughter and sang lullabies to my son.  I giggled with my grandma and brother at the George Strait concert.  A new bunny gave all of us hope that we could open our hearts again after death had closed them.  I lost someone I loved dearly to suicide and questioned everything in my life.  I found myself at the edge of the abyss more times than I would like to admit, but the dawn always brought a new beginning.  I am still here.  I am patched up, but beautiful in the broken places.  I have much left to do.  I am blessed beyond belief.  So tonight, as the year draws to a close, I want to thank all of you, my angels, the universe, God,  for helping me through the darkness and bringing me light.  Here is to a new year.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful in it's simplicity and appreciation. Happy new year, Tiff!

    ReplyDelete