My Leap List

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Gift of Words

     No matter how bad life is, I can turn to my writing and pour my soul into my words.   Writing literally saved my life when I was a suicidal teenager.  When there was no one to talk to, I poured my despair into the words.  Writing let me live one more day and one more day and one more day until I could find other things to keep me going.
     Music is a magical combination of words set to music.  Words to say what I cannot say.  Words that replay in my mind when I am lost and confused.  Words to share the darkness so I know I am not alone.  Someone else has been where I am and lived to tell the tale in a song.  It gives me hope that tomorrow will be better.
     Today I celebrate the gift of words and their power to save a life tonight.  

1 comment:

  1. Amen!

    Writing is therapy for me as well Tiff. Something I am profoundly grateful for every day of my life

    ReplyDelete