My Leap List

Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Time for Letting Go

     I am not naive enough to believe that there are still happily-ever-afters and riding off into the sunsets, but I do believe in love.  Still.  After all the heartbreaks and betrayals and loss.  It is who I am.  I am an eternal optimist.  I believe in the best in people.  I believe in a world that will come to its senses before its destruction.  I believe in people choosing to love one another through everything.  I trust in a world that rejoices in the dawn of a new day.  Just because it didn't happen for me doesn't make it less true.  Without that, life is meaningless.  What hope do I have for my children?  How can I fight so hard every day for a world that has nothing to fight for?  It is no wonder depression surrounds you and suffocates the ones who try to get close to you.  This is your reality and years spent with me have done nothing to change your world for you.  No amount of love or time or prayer changes this for you.  I can't live there.  I won't survive this view with you.  It is time for me to see what I want instead of what I do not want in my life.  A subtle change that would have made all of the difference had I been strong enough before.  A time for letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment