My Leap List

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Warrior

     I know a man who talks big and acts small.  When push comes to shove, he realizes he cannot do what needs to be done.  It is easier to sacrifice the many for the needs of the one.  Most of the men in my life continually teach me the same lesson.
     I am a woman who acts big and talks small.  If the decision will impact other people, I will make any tough decisions you throw at me.  I am slow to anger, but this warrior will relish the battle that was worth my fight.  My favorite women teach me this lesson every day.
      I don't usually see this warrior woman when it comes to saving myself.  She likes to save the fighting for the others in need and hide her own scars under golden armor.  As long as it is only me hurting, I can make all the excuses in the world.
     It is time for the two women to unite into one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment