My Leap List

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Miracles Happen

     Miracles happen every day in my world.  These interconnected miracles touched me deeply and changed my life.
   
     Miracle One - Patti Digh is an author, mother, and woman extraordinaire.  Patti has a young daughter named Tess that is as amazing as her mom.  I love this little girl, partly because she reminds me of my daughter when she was young.  Last week Tess had a difficult day coming up and decided the event called for dressing up.  She looked so proud and brave in her new dress.      
     Miracle Two - Amy McCracken is another one of my favorite people.  Everything she does is magic.  She spreads love everywhere she goes.  She also happens to write a blog with Patti in her spare time.  She posted Tess' picture and wrote about how amazing it is to face the things we don't want to face with courage, a dress, and each other. This is a link to that post.  She started a "Dress for Tess" page for everyone to post photos of themselves dressed for Tess.  It is a page of love and bravery and support.
     Miracle Three - Rhea Kelly was the first one to post, and her blog brought me to tears.  You can read her blog post here.  This amazing woman is facing more hardships right now than I have faced in my entire life.  She talked about how Tess' bravery and Amy's idea made her see her own problems in a different light.  She put on a beautiful white dress to wait for the UPS man to bring her a medicine to try and stop the lesions growing in her brain.
     Miracle Four  - Suddenly my life fell back into perspective...every single part.  I was a better person today because of Rhea's courage and grace.  I wrote to her today and told her the impact her story had on me, and this woman thanked me for making a difference in her life.  I am truly humbled.

     Three amazing women and one small courageous girl are miracles in my life.  We have never met in person, but their overlapping stories have given me back my faith in humanity.    

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! There are miracles happening every day, and it's our attention to them that brings us joy. You're doing the work and painting all that you see as miraculous. That is the right perspective! Happy to have met you!

    ReplyDelete