My Leap List

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Letting Go of Perfection

     Sometimes I look at all the things that are still undone and I get overwhelmed. The garden.  Sewing projects still half-finished.  The clutter in my house.  Books still waiting to be read.  I look around and feel stuck.  Today I realized it's part of my endless drive to be perfect.  Everything must be perfect before I can let go and enjoy the moment.

     Today I remembered I can choose to let it go.  You can read about my resolution here - 2012 is my year of Letting Go.   This month I will let go of the perfection and enjoy the process.  I will be present in the moment and let go of the rest. I will focus on the beauty and not the weeds I'm still battling.
    I will also do a little bit every day to help the process.  I can't get everything done in a day or two, but I can celebrate the progress at the end of each day.  I will let go of one more part of my endless drive for perfection.

1 comment:

  1. There is never enough time in the day to do all the things we want. I feel like you do. I just do the best I can , and keep plugging away. Your lilies are lovely! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete