My Leap List

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My Declaration of Independence

     Today Patti Digh wrote a blog post that has had me thinking all day.  In it she wrote of her declaration of in(ter)dependence and the freedoms she has gathered to herself in this lifetime.  You can read her eloquent post here .  At the end of the post she challenged us to share our own list today.  I've been trying to come up with an answer all day and am no closer to the answer than I was this morning, but I am going to give it a try anyway.

     I, Tiffany Cooke, hereby give myself the following freedoms:

  • I have the freedom to relinquish control and live in the uncertainty.
  • I have the freedom to be imperfect and love myself completely.
  • I have the freedom to accept life for what it is and to stop waiting for the ideal.
  • I have the freedom to say no.
  • I have the freedom to live my life out loud without censor.
  • I have the freedom to love unconditionally.
  • I have the freedom to feel peace without fear.
  • I have the freedom to be loved.
  • I have the freedom to relax without guilt.
  • I have the freedom to let go of negative thoughts and conclusions.
  • I have the freedom to have a bad day without thinking I have a bad life.
  • I have the freedom to ask for what I need.
  • I have the freedom to forgive.
Happy Independence Day.  Thank you, Patti, for helping me see today in a new light and making me feel lighter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment