My Leap List

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Seeing Through Mandy's Eyes

     This year is my year of letting go.  One of the hardest parts is letting go of myself.  I hold on really tightly so I don't do anything wrong.  I worry about what people will think of me and what they will say.  I worry about what I write and about how the world will perceive it.  I hate people looking at me, and I absolutely HATE having my picture taken because then I have to change the way I see myself with the way the photo sees me.  I spend forever tearing apart the picture and all the things wrong with it.  This picture would be a perfect example.  There are so many things I could say about what's wrong with it.  Mandy loves it because I look happy...and I was happy in that moment, with my family, Tyler's "celebrations" on my head, celebrating the 4th of July.  I am letting go of the imperfections I see in me and seeing myself through her eyes - happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment