My Leap List

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Letting Go of Superwoman

     The clock is counting down the final days of the year of letting go.  The adventure is far from over.  I am learning to accept what is, instead of always focusing on what isn't.  Life has given me the opportunity to be the support for my family, and I am grateful I have a job I love.  It doesn't pay enough alone, but it helped me find another job I enjoy.  I love giving back to the next generation when I teach ed. classes at night.  
     A few years ago I decided to do something just for me and go back to school to get my doctorate.  Jameson's suicide changed my path to being a principal someday, instead.  In the hard times, my friends and my promise to his memory kept me going.  
     I finished a year and a half ago, but I kept going to school.  The near breakdown this fall made me realize that I am human, no matter how much I pretend otherwise.  I thought a break would help, but it is a deeper lesson than I thought.  It is time to let go.  I have been so busy being superwoman, I almost lost the people that mean the most to me.  Thank you for supporting, loving, and cheering me on through school.  Thank you even more for doing the same as I let go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment