My Leap List

Sunday, June 1, 2014

The In-between Moments

    Today there is so much suffering and so much celebration for my friends.  There are reasons to celebrate today - birthdays, anniversaries, babies, weddings, and survival.  There are also reasons to mourn this day - deaths, struggles, illness, and injuries.  My friend's little grandson fell into a campfire a few days ago.  His injuries are so severe, he will go into surgery tomorrow to amputate part of his hands.  As I am thinking of her and the baby, I am thinking of all of us.  Spinning in space together on a trip through the universe.  Any moment can be the moment we dread or the moment we hope for.  And in those times, we turn to each other to help us celebrate and to help us mourn.  If only we turned to each other in the in-between moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment